As traditional titles scale back and resources get pumped into digital channels, journalists and publishers face enormous pressures to adapt to this 24/7 news economy. Bacardi Limited (BL) is well known for creating news and content that media and influencers find newsworthy enough to engage with and share.
In 2012, TVC worked with BL to create separate, online media centers for three of its most iconic brands: BACARDÍ, GREY GOOSE and MARTINI. The English-only media centers generated a significant level of engagement, accumulating 17,000+ users who registered for regular news and updates from the brands.
By 2017, it was time to take it to the next level and create the most advanced online media centre in the drinks industry – one that would feed journalists and influencers news and content anytime, anywhere, and could be used across any platform or channel. We aimed to design and build an innovative next generation multi-brand, multi-language, digital platform to address these issues.
- To develop a ‘one-stop-shop’ for journalists, influencers and online curators to search and find Bacardi brand content 24/7, wherever they are in the world, when they need it;
- Centralize BL content and stories for campaigns across five core brands in order to drive awareness of BL’s iconic portfolio;
- Increase users to the site by 35%.
- At least 1,000 downloads during the six-month soft launch period;
- At least 500 asset uploads.
Read the entire strategy brief at The Drum: https://www.thedrum.com/news/2018/09/07/bacardi-creating-the-online-media-centre-iconic-brand-portfolio