The trailer for Chance the Rapper’s film debut has landed, and the hip hop star’s pizza-centric horror-thriller-slasher Slice seems rather, uh, all-dressed.
Bearing the tagline “Dead. In 30 minutes or less,” Slice traces the aftermath of a murdered pizza delivery driver, leading to a bloody romp loaded with a portal to hell, stabbings, car-crushings, and Chance morphing into a werewolf.
Chance himself is key to the plot, playing a not-quite-human pizza delivery driver, alongside a cast that includes Zazie Beetz (Atlanta, Deadpool 2) as some kind of paranormal investigator, Paul Scheer (Veep) as the pizza store owner, and Hannibal Buress as a man exclaiming “oh, damn.”
In 76 seconds of trailer, it’s not easy to parse the exact plot, but here are a few takeaways:
- The pizza place where Chance’s character works is apparently “pretty shitty.”
- That pizza joint is constructed on a gateway to hell.
- Hell seems to house werewolves, of which one is Chance the Rapper (posing as a delivery person).
- That gateway to hell might prompt people to spew some kind of green forcefield from their faces.
- Slice seems to have a sizable budget for actors’ sneakers.
from Eater.com: https://www.eater.com/2018/8/21/17763594/chance-the-rapper-movie-slice-pizza-trailer