Brands of biltong, sauerkraut and antioxidant lemonade are among the start-ups selected by Kraft Heinz to join its Springboard incubator programme.
The initiative, which was launched in March, aims to nurture, scale, and accelerate the growth of five disruptive brands, bringing them closer entrepreneurs, new ideas and consumer trends.
Over the course of the next 16 weeks, the selected start-ups will participate in a programme composed of learning, funding, infrastructure access, and mentorship in Chicago.
The brands in full
- Ayoba-Yo – has introduced a nutritious alternative to traditional beef jerky and meat sticks, fearing a 14-day air-drying process.
- Cleveland Kraut – makes a range of sauerkrauts and now aims to expand in other sectors.
- Kumana – is best known for its signature Venezuelan-inspired avocado sauce and is a Los Angeles-based brand creating original sauces representing diverse flavours from different regions of the world.
- Poppilu – a Chicago-based antioxidant lemonade brand which has created beverages with Midwest-grown aronia berries, one of the highest antioxidant fruits in the world.
- Quevos – has developed a range of salty and crunchy egg-white crisps that are low in carbs and fat, and high in protein.
Read more at FoodBev.com: https://www.foodbev.com/news/kraft-heinz-reveals-five-brands-chosen-incubator-initiative/